The practice was founded in 1871 by Thomas Verity when he won a competition to design The Criterion Theatre in Piccadilly Circus. With his son Frank, he went on to design such well-known buildings as the Pavilion at Lord’s Cricket Ground. In later years, Frank was joined by Sam Beverley to form Verity & Beverley and the practice was responsible for the design of many of Paramount’s Cinemas in the 1920’s in London and throughout the UK.
VERITY & BEVERLEY
ARCHITECTS . DESIGNERS